FRITZ!Box reports "Authentication error occurred" when using Google calendar
In the profile of FRITZ!DECT in the FRITZ!Box user interface, the error message "Authentication error occurred" is displayed for the Google calendar on the tab "Switch Automatically".
- The FRITZ!Box's access rights to the calendar were removed in the Google account.
1 Deleting a calendar
Before requesting access to the calendar again, you must first delete all of the Google calendars in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Home Network" or "Smart Home" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu or "Device Management" in the "Smart Home" menu (if you want to delete the calendar for an individual device) or click "Groups and Templates" (if you want to delete the calendar for a group).
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective device or group.
- Click on the "Switch automatically" tab.
- Click the link "Remove connections from Google calendar".
- Click the "Reset Google Calendar" button.
- Click "OK" when you are asked whether you want to delete all Google calendars from the FRITZ!Box.
Now all Google calendars are deleted and all of the smart home devices that use a Google calendar are set to manual switching.
2 Adding a calendar
- Add the Google calendar for the smart home device.
AVM Section Navigation