FRITZ!DECT 200 – Service - Knowledge Base
Registering a FRITZ!DECT socket with the FRITZ!Box
The outlet switch, for example FRITZ!DECT 200, is integrated into your home network via an encrypted DECT connection. You can either use the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box or a wizard in the user interface to start the registration procedure.
Requirements / Restrictions
- FRITZ!Box 7312 and FRITZ!Box 7412 cannot be used with a FRITZ!DECT.
- A FRITZ!Box with a DECT base station with FRITZ!OS 5.50 or later must be used.
- A maximum of ten outlet switches (FRITZ!DECT) can be registered with the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Registering FRITZ!DECT by button
- Plug the FRITZ!DECT into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
- The "DECT" LED begins to flash steadily.
- Now push the "DECT" button on the FRITZ!Box within 2 minutes. Hold down the button for at least 6 seconds until the "DECT" or "Info" LED on the FRITZ!Box begins to flash.
2 Registering FRITZ!DECT with the wizard
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the "Register New Device" button.
- Within in the next 2 minutes, plug the FRITZ!DECT into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box.
The "DECT" LED on the FRITZ!DECT remains lit as soon as the DECT connection has been established. Afterwards, you can plug the FRITZ!DECT in wherever you want; you can configure and operate it under "Home Network > Smart Home" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.