Adjusting the temperature measured on a FRITZ!DECT Repeater
The temperature measured on the FRITZ!DECT Repeater may deviate from the actual room temperature. If the FRITZ!DECT Repeater is next to a heater or behind a curtain, for example, the temperature on the repeater itself is probably higher than the temperature you measure with a thermometer in the middle of the room. You can correct this deviation by positioning the FRITZ!DECT Repeater somewhere more suitable and adjusting the temperature deviation, known as the offset.
Note:All instructions on configuration and settings given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!Box.
1 Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!DECT Repeater
- Plug FRITZ!DECT Repeater into a wall outlet.
- Make sure the ventilation slots are not covered, that the device is not exposed to direct sunlight, and that it is not located directly next to a heater.
- Remove any possible sources of heat in the vicinity of the device (for example other electrical devices that radiate heat).
2 Setting the temperature offset
If there is still a difference between the temperature measured and the actual room temperature, you can set the offset:
Important:The temperature on the device itself can vary greatly due to daily fluctuations, for example occasional exposure to sunlight or reduced ventilation, heating up of the device, etc. The deviation between the temperature measured at the device and the actual room temperature is therefore not constant. Offset cannot be used to take variable temperature fluctuations into account. The location is not suitable for accurate temperature readings.
- Click "Home Network" or "Smart Home" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu or click "Device Management" in the "Smart Home" menu.
- Click the (Edit) button for the respective device.
- Under "Temperature offset", set the actual room temperature by clicking the plus or minus.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
AVM Section Navigation