FRITZ!Box 3272 – Service - Knowledge Base
Connecting the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with a FRITZ!Box using wireless LAN
Connect your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater with the FRITZ!Box in your home network over wireless LAN (WiFi) to increase the wireless range easily and efficiently.
Fig.: Connection scenario for FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
1 Using WPS to set up the wireless connection
Connect your repeater and FRITZ!Box simply and safely at the push of a button:
- Plug the repeater into an outlet near the FRITZ!Box to configure it.
- Wait until the "Power" and "WLAN" LEDs on the repeater remain lit.
- Push and hold the "WPS" button on the repeater until its "WLAN" LED flashes (about 6 seconds).
- Within 2 minutes: Push and hold the "WPS" button on the FRITZ!Box until its "WLAN" LED flashes (about 1 second).
- Wait until several signal strength LEDs on the repeater remain lit.
One or more LEDs indicating signal strength remain lit on the repeater once the configuration of the wireless connection between the repeater and the FRITZ!Box has been completed. You can then unplug the repeater and plug it in wherever you want. The repeater's settings remain intact even when it is unplugged.