FRITZ!Box 3370 – Service - Knowledge Base
Error message "The dynamic DNS update was successful, but an error occurred [...]"
The dynamic DNS domain name cannot be used to access applications and services of the FRITZ!Box and in the home network. One of the following error messages is displayed in the event log of the FRITZ!Box:
- "Dynamic DNS error: The specified domain name cannot be resolved despite a successful update."
- "Dynamic DNS error: The dynamic DNS update was successful, but an error occurred during the subsequent DNS resolution."
1 Entering the entire DynDNS domain name
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Dynamic DNS" tab.
- In the "Domain name" field, enter the complete domain name (for example mydomain.dyndns.org) that you registered with your dynamic DNS provider.
Note:You can consult the dynamic DNS provider directly for information on the format of the domain name.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 DNS servers on the Internet were not updated yet
Some DNS servers on the Internet do not immediately update the assignment of IP addresses to domain names. Thus, for a certain period of time, they reply to requests to your dynamic DNS domain name with an old IP address although the FRITZ!Box already reported the new IP address to your dynamic DNS provider. This behavior of the DNS servers cannot be influenced by the FRITZ!Box or by your dynamic DNS provider.
The issue will resolve itself (normally after a maximum of one hour) as soon as the corresponding DNS servers on the Internet are updated.