FRITZ!Box 3390 – Service - Knowledge Base
FRITZ!Box or power supply unit gets noticeably warm
The housing or the power supply unit of the FRITZ!Box gets noticeably warm during use.
1 Heat generation is a normal process
Despite the energy-efficient operation of the FRITZ!Box, it is normal for the device to produce a certain amount of heat, depending on the operating load.
Information on improving heat dissipation
- Make sure that the ventilation slits are unobstructed. Do not place the FRITZ!Box on a carpet or on upholstered furniture.
- Do not place the FRITZ!Box on overly heat-sensitive surfaces.
- Do not expose the FRITZ!Box or the power supply unit to direct sunlight.
- Do not place the FRITZ!Box inside a closed cabinet or casing.
- Do not position the FRITZ!Box directly next to devices that also produce heat.