FRITZ!Box 4020 Service - Knowledge Base
Installation does not start when the "USB Remote Connection software" link is clicked
You cannot install the FRITZ!Box USB Remote Connection software by clicking the "USB Remote Connection software" link in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- The web browser settings are preventing the pop-up window for installing the software from opening automatically.
Adjusting the web browser settings
Configure an exception for the FRITZ!Box in your web browser's pop-up blocker:
- Google Chrome
- Click the button (Customize and control Google Chrome) on the top right of Chrome.
- Click "Settings" and then "Extensions".
- Click "Options" for the pop-up blocker you are using.
- Enter fritz.box as an exception and close the "Extensions" window.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Click the (Open menu) button on the top right of Firefox.
- Click "Options”.
- Click "Privacy & Security" in the menu on the top left of the screen.
- In the "Permissions" section, click the "Exceptions" button next to the option "Block pop-up windows".
- Enter fritz.box under "Address of website".
- Click "Allow" and then "Save changes".
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click the button (Tools) on the top right of the Internet Explorer.
- Click "Pop-up Blocker" and then "Pop-up Blocker Settings".
- Enter fritz.box under "Address of website to allow".
- Click "Add" and then "Close".