FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
TV channels are missing from the FRITZ!Box's channel list
After configuring your FRITZ!Box for television reception, not all of the free-to-air TV channels in your cable package are listed in the FRITZ!Box's channel list.
1 Checking whether a television can find additional TV channels
In order to test whether there is a problem with your cable connection, check whether a television connected to the same cable junction can find the free-to-air TV channels:
- Connect a television to the same cable junction and search for channels with it.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer of the television for information on the procedure, for example consult the manual.
- If the television is also unable to find all of the free-to-air TV channels, have your cable provider check your cable connection.
- If the television finds all of the free-to-air TV channels, proceed with the following section.
2 Starting the comprehensive channel search
Start a comprehensive channel search to conduct an extensive search that includes all of the frequencies covered by your cable network:
- Click "DVB-C" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Channel Search" in the "DVB-C" menu.
- Enable the option "Comprehensive channel search".
- Click the "Start Channel Search" button.