FRITZ!Box 6590 Cable Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up temperature-based switching for a FRITZ!DECT socket
You can set up temperature-based switching for the outlet switch, for example FRITZ!DECT 200. FRITZ!DECT or a radiator control, for example FRITZ!DECT 301, measures the temperature and the outlet switch is switched when a previously specified temperature is reached.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The measuring range must be between 0°C and 40°C.
1 Setting up temperature-based switching
First you must set up a group with the smart home devices whose sockets should be switched on or off automatically as soon as a certain temperature is reached. The group may also consist of a single FRITZ!DECT device. Next, set up switching for the group:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Smart Home" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click the "New Group" button.
- If you are asked to do so, select the option "Switching Actuators" and click "OK".
- Enter a name for the group and select the smart home devices you would like to switch together in the group.
- Select the devices that you would like to switch in the group.
- Click the "OK" button.
- The group is created.
- Enable the options "Switching a Group Automatically" and "Temperature".
- Enable the option "Heat" or "Cool", depending on the connected device (for example fan heaters or air-conditioning).
- Select the device from the drop-down list "Temperature sensor" that should measure the temperature. The device does not have to belong to the group. You can see the temperature readings under "Home Network > Smart Home" in the user interface.
- If you selected the option "Heat", set the "Comfort temperature" and "Cool-down temperature".
- If you selected the option "Cool", select the "Desired temperature".
- Select the desired switching times in the weekly calendar by clicking on them or holding down the left mouse button while you drag the mouse across the desired times.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.