FRITZ!Box 7330 – Service - Knowledge Base
Selecting a different outgoing number when making a call
Telephones connected to the FRITZ!Box automatically use a certain number to make calls, depending on the setting. However, when you make a call, you can override this setting and select a different number to use for the call. The telephone's number settings and dialing rules are then suspended for this call.
1 Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
The following steps are only necessary if the cordless telephone is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station:
Note:If you are using a telephone that is registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Fon C5), you do not have to configure it to use the keypad function.
- Configure the devices so that you can dial special characters (such as * and #) or send keypad sequences (sequences of symbols and digits, such as *121#) with them.
Note:Many Gigaset telephones can be configured as follows: Select "Operation at a PBX" from the telephone's menu, then select "Dialing options" and enable the option "Dial * and #".
2 Using a keypad sequence to select the outgoing number
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Check which keypad sequence is given in the "Preselection" column for the telephone number you would like to use to make the call.
- Dial the keypad sequence before the number you would like to call.
To call the number 1234 using the second Internet telephone number, dial *122#1234.