FRITZ!Box 7330 – Service - Knowledge Base
Printer does not print when used with the USB remote connection
A USB printer connected to the FRITZ!Box does not execute print jobs from a computer.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The printer is connected to the computer via the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the issue persists.
1 Enabling the printer port in your operating system
Windows 10 / 8
It is not necessary to change the printer's settings in Windows 10 / 8.
- In Windows, click "Start" and then "Devices and Printers".
- Right-click the printer connected with the FRITZ!Box and select "Properties" from the context menu.
- Click on the "Ports" tab.
- Enable the option "USB00[x] Virtual printer port for USB".
Note:If no other USB printer was installed on the computer, the port is named "USB001 Virtual printer port for USB".
The port "avm: FRITZ!Box USB printer port" does not apply when using the USB remote connection!
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
2 Configuring your firewall for FRITZ!Box USB remote connection
A firewall on the computer with the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection can interfere with the communication between the software and the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure an exception for the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software in the firewall on the computer with this application,
- Configure the firewall so that it allows incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP connections from port 2066 on the FRITZ!Box to any destination ports on the computer.
Note:You can find information on configuring the firewall in its manual, or consult its manufacturer directly.