FRITZ!Box 7330 – Service - Knowledge Base
Using a Wii U console in the FRITZ!Box home network
You can easily connect a Wii U console to the wireless network (WiFi) of your FRITZ!Box. The Wii U can then access the Internet and has access to Nintendo's online services.
Enabling the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Network" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box uses the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
Preparing the FRITZ!Box for WPS
The FRITZ!Box is already prepared for WPS in the factory settings. If you changed the FRITZ!Box's wireless settings, configure the following settings:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Click on the "WPS Quick Connection" tab.
- Enable WPS.
- Select "Push-Button method (WPS-PBC, Push Button Configuration)" and click "Start WPS".
2 Connecting the Wii U to the FRITZ!Box
- Tap the button "System Settings" in the main menu of the Wii U GamePad.
- Tap "Internet" in the "System Settings" menu.
- Tap "Connect to the Internet".
- Tap "Connection Types" in the upper left corner.
- Tap "Wi-Fi Protected SETUP".
- Tap "Push-Button Configuration".
- Push the "WLAN" button on the FRITZ!Box for about 6 seconds until the "WLAN" LED on the FRITZ!Box starts to flash.
- Now the configuration of the wireless connection is complete and the connection is established.
- Tap "OK" to save the connection settings.
- Tap "Set" to set the wireless connection as the default connection.
Now the Wii U is connected to the Internet via the FRITZ!Box. You can play online games or use other functions offered by Nintendo's online services.
Note:You can find further information on setting up the Wii U in its manual, or you can consult Nintendo directly.
3 Configuring port sharing for online games in the FRITZ!Box
By default, the FRITZ!Box's firewall protects all of the devices in the home network from incoming connections and unsolicited data from the Internet. In order to use a few online games (for example Call of Duty), other users from the Internet must be able to access your Wii U.
The following steps are only necessary if you are experiencing problems with joining online games: