FRITZ!Box 7360 – Service - Knowledge Base
Transferring settings from one FRITZ!Box to another
If you switch to a different FRITZ!Box, you do not have to configure all of your settings again; instead, you can quickly and easily transfer the settings saved with your old FRITZ!Box to the new FRITZ!Box. To import the settings, you simply use the restore functions in the FRITZ!Box user interface. You can choose to either import all or only certain settings into your new FRITZ!Box, for example the wireless settings and telephone books.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The FRITZ!OS version of the old FRITZ!Box may not be newer than the FRITZ!OS version of the new FRITZ!Box.
1 Importing settings
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Restore" tab.
- Click "Browse" and select the file "FRITZ.Box[...].export" that contains the FRITZ!Box settings.
- Enter the password you entered when saving the file.
- Enable the option "Restore all settings". If you only want to restore some of the settings, enable the option "Manually select the settings to be restored".
- Click the "Restore" button.
- If you are asked to do so, confirm that the procedure may be executed on the FRITZ!Box.
- If you have two different FRITZ!Box models or you enabled the option "Manually select...", you will now be shown all of the settings that can be restored: Enable the settings you want to restore and click "Apply".
- If you have two FRITZ!Boxes of the same model, all of the settings will now be applied.
2 Registering DECT devices
After importing the settings, you must then register all of the DECT devices with the FRITZ!Box. Use the FRITZ!Box's button to register them and not the wizard in the FRITZ!Box user interface so that all of the settings remain intact: