FRITZ!Box 7360 – Service - Knowledge Base
"Info" LED flashes
The "Info" LED on your FRITZ!Box indicates various operation statuses. If the "Info" LED flashes red, it means that there is a FRITZ!Box error. If the "Info" LED flashes green, this indicates different events, for example receipt of a new message or a missed call. In this guide we describe the various causes and how to stop the flashing.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
Follow the instructions in the section that describes the error you observed.
1 "Info" LED flashes red
When the "Info" LED flashes red, this often means that a FRITZ!OS update was not successful. Updates may fail during manual or automatic installation; if your FRITZ!Box is configured to install FRITZ!OS updates automatically, you may not have noticed the installation attempt. Usually, you are then no longer able to access the FRITZ!Box and various functions no longer work properly:
2 Info LED flashing green
Enabling Stick & Surf
If you would like to use Stick & Surf to transmit the wireless security settings to a FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick, then you must enable Stick & Surf in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Security" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Enable the option "Enable AVM Stick & Surf" in the "Additional Security Settings" section.
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Now you can connect your FRITZ!WLAN Stick to the FRITZ!Box again. The "Info" LED flashes while the wireless network security settings are being transmitted. When the "Info" LED remains lit, you can remove the FRITZ!WLAN Stick from the FRITZ!Box and connect it to your computer.
Checking which event is configured for the "Info" LED
If the "Info" LED continues to flash, then an event was chosen in the FRITZ!Box user interface that is causing the LED to flash:
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Buttons and LEDs" in the "System" menu.
- Check which event was configured for the "Info" LED and follow the steps given for this event:
- If the event "missed call" was selected, press the call key (lift the receiver) on a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or make a call.
- If the event "New answering machine message" was selected, listen to all of the new messages on the answering machine.
- If the event "New answering machine message, call during absence or new fax" was selected, there are several events that could be causing the LED to flash.
- Delete all of the faxes (PDF files) from the "FRITZ\faxbox" folder on the USB storage device connected to the FRITZ!Box or move them to a different folder, for example to a folder on your computer's hard drive.
- Press the call key (lift the receiver) on a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box or make a call.
- Listen to all of the new messages on the answering machine.
- If the event "Free data volume / free online time exhausted" was selected, increase the values given for the data volume or number of hours per month that you entered on the "Online Meter" tab under "Internet > Online Monitor"; if necessary, contact your provider about purchasing additional data volume or connection time.