FRITZ!Box 7390 – Service - Knowledge Base
AVM Program Launcher keeps requesting confirmation every time computer starts
When starting a computer with Windows 7, you must confirm that the AVM Program Launcher is allowed to run. Even when you confirm with "Yes", you are asked the same question the next time the computer starts.
The User Account Control displays the following message:
- "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?"
- The FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software is not properly installed.
1 Uninstalling the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software
- Click "Start" and then "Control Panel".
- Select "Category" from the drop-down list "View by:" (top right) in the "Control Panel" menu.
- Click "Uninstall a program".
- Double-click on the entry "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection".
- The window "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection Maintenance" opens.
- Select the option "Remove the application from this computer" in the window "FRITZ!Box USB remote connection Maintenance" and click "OK".
2 Installing the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection software
- Log on to the computer as the Windows user who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.
Important:If the user does not have administrative rights, you must enter a valid administrator password when installing or starting the software for the first time.
- Open the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "USB Devices" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "USB Remote Connection" tab.
- Enable the option "USB remote connection enabled".
- Click on the "USB remote connection software" link.
- The window "USB remote connection" opens.
- If the window "USB remote connection" has a "Download" button:
- Click "Download" in the window "USB remote connection" and download the file "fritzbox-usb-fernanschluss.application".
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- Click "Install" and follow the instructions on your screen.
- Repeat steps 1 - 8 for all other Windows users who would like to use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection on this computer.
You will now be able to configure and use the FRITZ!Box USB remote connection.