FRITZ!Box 7390 – Service - Knowledge Base
Setting up dynamic DNS in the FRITZ!Box
Dynamic DNS allows you to access your FRITZ!Box as well as applications and services in the home network for which you configured port sharing in the FRITZ!Box at a fixed domain name from the Internet. This way you can easily access a NAS system or use Microsoft Remote Desktop for remote maintenance of a computer, for example, even if the FRITZ!Box's public IP address changes on a regular basis.
Note:You can also use the free AVM service MyFRITZ! for safe, convenient access to your FRITZ!Box and home network over the Internet at any time.
Requirements / Restrictions
- Dynamic DNS is not available if the FRITZ!Box shares the Internet connection of another router ("IP client mode", "wireless repeater"). In this case, configure dynamic DNS in the other router.
- The FRITZ!Box must obtain a public IPv4 address or an IPv6 address from the Internet service provider.
Important:The FRITZ!Box is only accessible from the Internet over IPv6 when used on a DS-Lite ("Dual-Stack Lite") connection. When DS-Lite is active, the status "IPv4 over DS Lite" is displayed under "Connections" on the "Overview" page of the FRITZ!Box user interface.
1 Setting up dynamic DNS
- Click "Internet" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Permit Access" in the "Internet" menu.
- Click on the "Dynamic DNS" tab.
- Click the (Help) icon on the top right.
- Configure the dynamic DNS domain name as described in the FRITZ!Box help.
- Click "Apply" to save your settings.
Now the FRITZ!Box will transmit its current IP address to the Dynamic DNS provider each time it connects to the Internet so that the FRITZ!Box can always be contacted via its distinct dynamic DNS domain name.