FRITZ!Box 7390 – Service - Knowledge Base
Picking up a call from an answering machine or a different telephone (pickup)
If a telephone connected to your FRITZ!Box rings, you can also pick up the incoming call with a different telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box. You can also pick up calls that have already been accepted by an answering machine. The answering machine can either be connected to your FRITZ!Box, or it can be enabled directly in the FRITZ!Box.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
In order to pick up calls that were already accepted by an answering machine, you must configure the device as an answering machine in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephony Devices" in the "Telephony" menu.
- If the answering machine is already displayed in the list of telephony devices, click the button (Delete) for the device.
- Click the "Configure New Device" button.
- If the answering machine is connected to an analog extension of the FRITZ!Box, enable the option "Answering Machine", even if it is a telephone with an answering machine.
Important:If the option is not available, then both analog ports are in use. Delete the relevant telephony device first and then configure the answering machine.
- Click "Next" and follow the instructions.
2 Picking up a call from an answering machine or a telephone
Configuring a telephone to use the keypad function
The following steps are only necessary if the telephone is connected to the "FON S0" port or you are using a cordless telephone that is not registered with the FRITZ!Box's base station:
Note:If you are using a telephone that is registered with the base station of your FRITZ!Box (for example FRITZ!Fon C5), you do not have to configure it to use the keypad function.
- Configure the devices so that you can dial special characters (such as * and #) or send keypad sequences (sequences of symbols and digits, such as *121#) with them.
Note:Many Gigaset telephones can be configured as follows: Select "Operation at a PBX" from the telephone's menu, then select "Dialing options" and enable the option "Dial * and #".
Picking up a call
- Lift the receiver of the telephone you wish to pick up the call with and dial *09.
The call is picked up and you can speak with the caller.