FRITZ!Box 7430 – Service - Knowledge Base
Finding the ideal location for the FRITZ!Box
Placing the FRITZ!Box in the ideal location lays the foundation for a stable and fast wireless network in your home network. Smartphone and tablet users are especially dependent upon stable wireless reception. Since they change their location frequently, the wireless network should ideally cover all rooms. This means that you must select a location for the FRITZ!Box where the range of the wireless network is not already limited by certain factors. You can use the following points as a guide:
- If possible, position the FRITZ!Box in a central location. The FRITZ!Box has omnidirectional antennas; this means that the signal is emitted spherically in all directions, and the FRITZ!Box is located in the middle of this sphere.
- Do not position the FRITZ!Box directly in the corner of a room.
- Position the FRITZ!Box so that it is as unobstructed as possible, i.e. not directly in back of or under an obstacle such as pieces of furniture or a heater.
- Position the FRITZ!Box as high in the room as possible, for example on a shelf.
- Position the FRITZ!Box so that there are as few obstacles as possible between it and other wireless devices. In particular, metallic objects or objects containing water, for example radiators, refrigerators, or houseplants, significantly reduce the quality of the wireless signal.
- Position the FRITZ!Box away from other radio transmitters, for example microwaves, wireless speakers, or Bluetooth devices.