FRITZ!Box 7430 – Service - Knowledge Base
Using a second internet connection for internet telephony (PVC)
The FRITZ!Box can establish a second internet connection (PVC) for internet telephony (VoIP). If the internet telephony provider supports or requires this, then the FRITZ!Box automatically establishes a second internet connection over your DSL line for internet telephony.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for your FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Click on the "Line Settings" tab.
- Click on "Changing the Settings" in the "Telephony connection" section. If the section is not displayed, enable the Advanced View first.
- Click "Connection Settings for DSL/WAN".
- Enable the option "Use additional connection for internet telephony via DSL (PVC)".
- Click "Apply" to save the settings.
If the option is not available, either the FRITZ!Box automatically hides the option because you cannot use a second internet connection (PVC) with your line, or you have a special FRITZ!Box edition that is manufactured for a specific DSL or internet telephony provider and is only sold or made available by that provider. Since these editions are tailored to the specific requirements of that particular provider, they do not always contain all of the options.