FRITZ!Box 7430 – Service - Knowledge Base
Using a debit card reader with the FRITZ!Box
If your debit card reader has a network port or is equipped with wireless LAN (WiFi), you can simply connect it to a LAN port or the wireless network of your FRITZ!Box and use it to read debit cards.
Note:If your debit card reader only has an analog port, you can configure the debit card reader as a telephony device in the FRITZ!Box.
1 Configuring the FRITZ!Box
The FRITZ!Box is configured as a DHCP server in the factory settings. If you disabled the FRITZ!Box's DHCP server, configure the following settings:
- Click "Home Network" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Home Network Overview" in the "Home Network" menu.
- Click on the "Network Settings" tab.
- Click the "IPv4 Addresses" button.
- Enable the DHCP server and define the range from which the FRITZ!Box assigns IP addresses.
Note:The FRITZ!Box has the IP address 192.168.178.1 (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) and assigns IP addresses from xxx.20 to xxx.200 in the factory settings.
- Click "OK" to save the settings.
2 Configuring a debit card reader
The debit card reader needs specific IP settings in order to communicate with the FRITZ!Box:
- Configure the debit card reader to automatically obtain IP settings (DHCP client). Refer to the manufacturer for information on how to set it up, for example consult the manual.
3 Connecting the debit card reader to the FRITZ!Box
- Either use a network cable or wireless LAN to connect the debit card reader to the FRITZ!Box.
The debit card reader is now connected to the FRITZ!Box and can be used to read debit cards.
Note:Refer to the manufacturer for further information on how to set up the debit card reader.