FRITZ!Fon C5 Service - Knowledge Base
Loading the FRITZ!Box factory settings
Load the factory settings to delete all of the individual settings you made in the FRITZ!Box. This makes sense if you are going to use the FRITZ!Box at a different location or are planning to pass the FRITZ!Box on to another user, for example. In addition, this deletes incorrect settings that prevent the FRITZ!Box from functioning properly.
You can either use the user interface or a telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to load the factory settings.
1 Loading the factory settings with the user interface
- Click "System" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Backup" or "Reset" in the "System" menu.
- Click on the "Factory Settings" tab.
- Click the "Load Factory Settings" button.
2 Loading factory settings with a telephone
- Enter #991*15901590* on your telephone and press the call key (lift the receiver).
- Hang up again after about 3 seconds.
- All LEDs flash once during this process. The "WLAN" LED remains lit as soon as the factory settings have finished loading.