FRITZ!Fon M2 – Service - Knowledge Base
Selecting a different outgoing number when making a call
The FRITZ!Fon automatically uses a particular number to make calls, depending on the setting. However,you can override this setting when you make a call and select a different number to use for the call. The telephone's number settings and dialing rules are then suspended for this call. You can either use the telephone's menu or a key command to select a different outgoing number.
- The FRITZ!Fon must be registered with a FRITZ!Box.
1 Using the menu to change the outgoing number
With the menu you can select any of the telephone numbers that you explicitly assigned to the telephone as incoming numbers in the FRITZ!Box user interface. The numbers are not displayed in the menu if the option "React to all numbers" is enabled:
- Press the "Menu" key on the telephone.
- Scroll to "Settings" and press "OK".
- "Telephony" > "OK" > "Own telephone no." > "OK"
- Select the desired outgoing number.
- Click "OK" to save the setting.
Now the telephone number is shown in the display of the telephone and will be used as the outgoing number for the next call.
2 Using a key command to change the outgoing number
You can use a key command to select any of the telephone numbers configured in the FRITZ!Box. This number will then be used to make the next call, regardless of the number you assigned to the telephone in the FRITZ!Box:
- Click "Telephony" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
- Click "Telephone Numbers" in the "Telephony" menu.
- Check which key command is given in the "Preselection" column for the telephone number you would like to use to make the call.
- Enter the key command before entering the number you would like to call.
To call the number 1234 using the second internet telephone number, enter *122#1234.