FRITZ!Fon MT-F – Service - Knowledge Base
Using the announcement function
You can also use your FRITZ!Fon as a receiver for internal announcements. To use this function, use a different telephone connected to the FRITZ!Box to make an internal call to the FRITZ!Fon. Next, make your announcement. Your announcement will then be broadcast directly over the FRITZ!Fon's speaker.
How to make an announcement call to your FRITZ!Fon depends on the telephone used to call. If you are using a FRITZ!Fon, you can use the telephone's menu or a key command to call. If you are using a different telephone, you can only use a key command to make the call.
Requirements / Restrictions
- The telephone must support en bloc dialing. Most analog telephones do not support en bloc dialing.
1 Using the menu to establish a connection
- Press the "INT" key on the FRITZ!Fon.
- Scroll through the list until you find the desired FRITZ!Fon.
- Press the right select key "Options".
- Select "Announcement" and then press "OK".
2 Entering a key command to make the call
- Enter the internal number of the FRITZ!Fon you would like to call followed by a *. You can find the internal numbers under "Telephone Book > Internal Numbers" in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
Enter **611* if you want to broadcast an announcement on a FRITZ!Fon with the internal telephone number **611.
Now the connection is established and you can start with your announcement. The party you are calling can accept the call at any time and establish a normal internal connection.