FRITZ!Powerline 540E – Service - Knowledge Base
- FRITZ!Box 7590
- FRITZ!Box 7560
- FRITZ!Box 7490
- FRITZ!Box 7430
- FRITZ!Box 7390
- FRITZ!Box 7360
- FRITZ!Box 7340
- FRITZ!Box 7330
- FRITZ!Box 6840 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6820 LTE
- FRITZ!Box 6490 Cable
- FRITZ!Box 5490
- FRITZ!Box 4040
Determining FRITZ!Powerline's MAC address
A MAC address (Media Access Control address) serves to unambiguously identify a device in a network.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest FRITZ!OS for FRITZ!Powerline.
1 Determining the MAC address with the connection type "wireless bridge"
The following step is only necessary if FRITZ!Powerline is connected to the router over wireless LAN:
- Click "Access to Home Network" in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Make note of the "Wireless LAN MAC address" in the "Local Wireless Network Information" section of the "Access to Home Network" menu.
2 Determining the MAC address with the connection type "LAN bridge" or "powerline bridge"
The following step is only necessary if FRITZ!Powerline is connected to the router over LAN or powerline:
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Powerline user interface.
- Click "Radio Network" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of FRITZ!Powerline's MAC address listed in the "Radio Network" section.
Note:This MAC address is visible to wireless devices that connect to FRITZ!Powerline's wireless network. The MAC address for the LAN connection to the router is displayed in the router.