FRITZ!WLAN Repeater DVB-C Service - Knowledge Base
Picture and sound loss when watching television with FRITZ!App TV
When watching television with FRITZ!App TV on a smartphone or tablet, you experience picture and sound loss. This does not occur with a television connected to the same cable junction.
Simply proceed as described below. After each measure, check whether the problem persists.
1 Installing the latest FRITZ!OS for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
- Install the latest FRITZ!OS on your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
2 Starting a new channel search
- Click "DVB-C" in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Channel Search" in the "DVB-C" menu.
- Click "Start Channel Search".
3 Disabling Bluetooth for testing purposes
The Bluetooth function of the smartphone or tablet may be interfering with its wireless connection:
- Disable Bluetooth on the smartphone or tablet when using FRITZ!App TV.
4 Enabling deinterlacing in iOS
The following step is only necessary if stripes appear when watching television with your iPhone or iPad and there is movement in the picture:
- Start FRITZ!App TV.
- Tap "Info".
- Tap "More" in the section "Other".
- Enable the option "Deinterlacing" for FRITZ!App TV.
Important:Deinterlacing can only be enabled in FRITZ!App TV if the iOS devices uses at least an A7 chip. Refer directly to Apple for information on the device's technical specifications, for example consult the manual.