FRITZ!WLAN Repeater N/G – Service - Knowledge Base
Determining the MAC address of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater
A MAC address (Media Access Control address) serves to unambiguously identify a device in a network. Due to its functionality, the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater has different MAC addresses:
- The repeater uses one MAC address for wireless devices that connect to the repeater's wireless network (WiFi).
- The repeater uses the other MAC address for the wireless connection to the wireless router whose wireless network it extends.
Note:The configuration procedure and notes on functions given in this guide refer to the latest firmware for the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
1 Determining the MAC address
- Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the user interface of the FRITZ!WLAN Repeater.
- Click "Monitor" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
- Make note of the corresponding "WLAN MAC Address" in the "Local WLAN Information" section.