Vous trouverez des mises à jour gratuites pour votre produit FRITZ! dans la zone de téléchargement. Choisissez votre produit et profitez des nouvelles fonctions mises au point par notre équipe de développement. Ces contenus sont disponibles en anglais et en allemand.
Info on FRITZ!Powerline 540E
The update file "FRITZ.Powerline_540E*.image" in this directory contains the latest FRITZ!OS (firmware) for the FRITZ Powerline 540E.
Attention: This update file is only intended for use with the FRITZ Powerline 540E!
Please follow the instructions at the end of this file to install the update.
Product: FRITZ Powerline 540E
Version: FRITZ!OS 6.50
Language: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish
Release date: 01/08/2016
New features: - Completely modernized user interface with optimized display on PC, tablet and smartphone
- Redesigned menu for a better overview and more convenience
- New function for button "WLAN * WPS" added to import FRITZ!Box settings
- Central device overview for connected devices in the home network and the connection to the FRITZ!Box
- Expanded display for optimum performance in high-use wireless LAN environments
- Various improvements in operation, and for Powerline and wireless functions
With each FRITZ!OS update AVM updates also the security functions of FRITZ!Box and FRITZ!Powerline devices and therefore recommends to perform the update on all devices.
New Features in FRITZ!OS 6.50 for FRITZ!Powerline 540E
FRITZ!OS 6.50 with new design, with even better overview of and more convenience in your home network, with adoption of wireless LAN settings and optimized performance
With the latest update, the user interface http://fritz.powerline presents itself in a new design, optimized for smartphones, tablets and notebooks. In the browser it adjusts flexibly to different display sizes. The redesigned display of network connections offers a better overview and more convenience. The new overview shows all connections to your FRITZ!Box and to all your connected devices at a single glance.
A FRITZ!Box with the current FRITZ!OS (6.50 or higher) as your communications hub enables you to manage and update all your FRITZ!WLAN Repeater, FRITZ!Fon or FRITZ!Powerline devices from the home network overview.
Wireless devices can establish wireless connections to your home network without interruptions either via FRITZ!Powerline 540E or FRITZ!Box: the device offering the best reception in the different locations in your home will establish the connection. For this the FRITZ!Box and the FRITZ!Powerline 540E must have the same radio network settings. To apply the FRITZ!Box radio network settings you only have to start "WPS" at FRITZ!Box and FRITZ!Powerline 540E.
In crowded wireless surroundings, the new FRITZ!OS offers helpful analyses of your wireless LAN environment. Under "Wireless / Radio Channel" the loading of the radio channel currently in use is shown over time for the currently used frequency band. The lower the loading of the radio channel, the higher data throughput that can be achieved.
Thanks to the latest wireless and Powerline drivers, your connections are even more stable and powerful.
New features and improvements in FRITZ!OS 6.34
- Improvements to stability and speed for Powerline connections
- System adjustments to comply with new norms of CE conformity
New features and improvements in FRITZ!OS 6.32
- The home network overview displays whether the FRITZ!Powerline device is equipped with the latest FRITZ!OS version
- A FRITZ!OS update of the FRITZ!Powerline device can be started from a FRITZ!Box
- To profit from these changes you need a FRITZ!Box with FRITZOS 6.35 or higher
Please note that some features are only accessible in Expert Mode (menu System/Expert Mode).
To carry out the firmware update:
1) Open your Internet browser and enter the address "http://fritz.powerline" or "192.168.178.2". Please check if required the IP-address of your FRITZ!Powerline 540E in the FRITZ!Box - Home Network overview.
2) Select the menu "System" and then the sub-menu "Firmware Update".
3) Use the "Browse ..." button to enter the appropriate path to the update file.
4) Click the "Update" button.
To recover the storage space on your hard drive, you can delete the update file after
you have carried out the update.
AVM GmbH 2013. All rights reserved.
This firmware package consists of files which are distributed under different
license terms, in particular under AVM proprietary license or under any Open
Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public
License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt"
(ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/license.txt). The source
code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request
Under all AVM intellectual property rights, AVM grants the non-exclusive right
to personally use this AVM firmware package which is delivered in object code
format only. Licensee shall only be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved
for personal backup purposes (backup copy). AVM reserves all intellectual
property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without the prior written
approval of AVM and except to the extent as may be expressly authorised under
mandatory law, this AVM firmware package in particular
- shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available
- shall not be modified, disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled or
otherwise "be opened" in whole or in part, and insofar shall not be copied,
distributed or otherwise made publicly available.